The first known church members began meeting in Wahiawa back in 1912 in and around Schofield Barracks. After WWI, members were meeting in Leilehua High School.
In 1956-57, the congregation began meeting in a little rented store building at Wilikina and Kunia Rd. Tents served as classrooms. Later a club building at Kuahiwi and Neal Ave served as the gathering place. A termite ridden shack served as classrooms. Children could poke holes in the wall with their crayons. The congregation outgrew this space.
In March of 1962, land was purchased at 1881 California Ave, where the church still meets today. Most of the funds for the building came from mainland contributors. The open house brought in 214 people. Some of our current members today remember worshipping at the previous locations.
Andrew Arbuckle, graduate of Bear Valley Bible Institute, is the minister and evangelist at the Wahiawa Church of Christ. Dru grew up in Texas and lived in Michigan before moving to Hawaii in 2010 with his family. The Arbuckles love Hawaii and look forward to sharing the life-changing message of Christ with as many people as possible.
The congregation is currently studying and prayerfully considering men to serve as elders to guide the flock here at Wahiawa Church of Christ.
This site was started with Mobirise